“To promote and advance the personal development and ethical standards of those responsible for school business administration through the provision of national professional development opportunities and the maintenance of effective relationships with kindred organisations; and to develop efficiency in the administration of educational establishments by identifying and addressing national issues which may impact on business operations of schools”
The School Business Managers’ Association (SA) is a professional membership organisation for those responsible for school financial administration and management at public schools. The SBMA was established in 2008 to address the professional needs at public schools.
Principals and finance staff encounter many challenges and day to day difficulties at their schools. It has become increasingly evident that they need a professional home where they can network and resolve the many questions they face. Our membership includes Principals, School Business Managers, Bursars, Finance Officers, Administrators, Admission Clerks and others who fulfil this important role. The association is run by Business Managers who are full time employees at their respective schools. The aims and objectives of the SBMA are:
- To provide professional advice and support to all of our members;
- Promote administrative and financial efficiency among the schools served by each of its members;
- To facilitate the professional development of SBMA members;
- Maintain and promote good fellowship and mutual understanding among members and members schools; and
- To co-operate and interact with School Governing Body organisations and other like-minded associations in order to advance our aims and objectives.